Riot is an open-source encrypted messenger for groups that works on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Linux built on top of the Matrix network for secure, decentralised communication.
More than group chat: communication
- Communicate with your team and out of network colleagues more efficiently: use dedicated rooms which persist information from their creation and forever.
- Forget group emails: join or create rooms per topic, per team, per event… Decide the level of transparency you want to provide across the organisation or project.
- Cut through the noise by creating notifications that are customised by you and for you.
- Grab the attention of your colleague by calling out their name and don’t miss a thing with keyword alerts.
- Deploy bots for fun or practical use with our integrations store.
- Send, receive and view files while inline with the conversation.
- Quick drag-and-drop feature for fast sharing.
- Preview before download or just view on Riot.
- Files are archived, like the messages: find them in the file list panel of a room, or by searching by filename.
Voice & Video Conferencing
- One touch voice and video conferencing.
- Hold one-to-one conversations or a group of users, there is really no limit.
- Join or drop ongoing group calls in a room without needing an invite or disturbing it.
Take control – Intelligent Notifications
- Increase your productivity by customizing your notifications to suit your priorities with easy-to-access notification settings.
- Set keywords to prompt a specific notification to stay on top of projects.
- It can be hard for a team to be effective without tools: pick up what you need from our ready-to-use list of bots integrating with the likes of Github and others.
- Or create your own integrations to help your team work more efficiently! Others will do too and everyone benefits from being part of an open ecosystem.
Bridging the gap
- Use Riot to communicate not only with your colleagues or teams using Riot, but also with contributors using other communication apps.
- Bridge the gap between open systems including the likes of Slack, Gitter, IRC, Twitter, SMS and more, while using the app you prefer.
Riot is everywhere you are
- Use Riot on your browser; Chrome & Firefox, from anywhere.
- Get Riot on iOS and Android here.
- We also have desktop apps for macOS, Windows & Linux.
- Don’t like Riot? There are several other alternative Matrix clients for power-users!
We are Open Source
- Riot is open source (Apache-licensed) which means that anyone can audit it & contribute new features, translations, fix bugs and help Riot grow!
- You can also host your own server for complete control, or just use ours.
- If we don’t have the integration you’re looking for, just build it, contribute it to the community and watch what happens.
- See the code here on GitHub.
Security: What is yours is yours
- All files and data transferred over Riot can be encrypted end-to-end (currently in beta), meaning no one can eavesdrop on conversations, including the service provider.
- Choose to host your data yourself or on our own secure servers.
- All rooms and conversations can be configured with different levels of confidentiality: public to anyone, limited to a team or fully private and invite-only.